San Antonio - Pool Owners read this: Your Responsibilities Under Stage 2 Water Restrictions
We all know this year's drought has been extreme. And the San Antonio Water System and Edwards Aquifer have enacted Stage 2 Water restrictions. Here they are:
* All Restrictions from Stage One remain in effect, unless added to or replaced by Stage Two rules.
* Landscape wateringwith an irrigation system, sprinkler or soaker hose is allowed only once a week from 3-8 a.m. and 8-10 p.m. on your designated watering day, as determined by your address.
* Watering with drip irrigation is permitted any day, but only between 3-8 a.m. and 8-10 p.m.
* Watering with a hand-held hose is allowed any time on any day.
* Use of fountains, waterfalls, or other aesthetic water features - outdoors or indoors - is prohibited, unless a variance has been granted for 100 percent non-potable water use.
* All non-public swimming pools must have a minimum of 25 percent of the surface area covered with evaporation screens when not in use. Inflatable pool toys or floating decorations may be used for this purpose.
* Washing impervious cover such as parking lots, driveways, streets or sidewalks is prohibited. Health and safety exceptions to this rule may be requested from SAWS in writing.
* Residential washing of vehiclesor other equipment is allowed only on assigned watering days and times. A hose with an automatic shut-off nozzle or bucket of five gallons or less may be used. Water should not be allowed to run into the street.
* The use of commercial car wash facilities is allowed any day.
* Operators of golf courses, athletic fields and parks must submit a conservation plan to SAWS. For requirements, contact SAWS at 210-704-SAVE. Golf courses, athletic fields and parks may not irrigate between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
* Hotels, motels and other lodging must offer and clearly notify guests of a "linen/towel change on request only" program.