Mike Mayer came across and shared a free and easy way to add color and change font sizes on our ActiveRain blog posts. Or you can use this for other applications as well. It works well and is easy to do and it fits one of my requirements, it is free.
There aren't too many FREE and EASY things in this world so when I come across one, I usually latch on. In this case it's an online html editor that will make your blogs more appealing and "wow" your readers. Your blogs will stand apart from the competition and appear even more professional. While the ActiveRain system is fine and functional, using InnovaStudio's WYSIWYG Editor will elevate your posts adding to their overall professional appearance.
The best part is that this editor is so easy to use, even a Rainmaker can quickly master it! Trust me, it doesn't get ANY easier than this one, compliments of InnovaStudio. And the price is ideal, it's FREE and, as any real estate agent knows, that's a GOOD thing!
InnovaStudio's WYSIWYG Editor is a powerful web-based HTML editor that is designed for easy integration into custom web applications or content, and in this case, into your ActiveRain blog.
OK here's the 'low down' on how to use InnovaStudio's WYSIWYG Editor:
1. I generally create my blog in ActiveRain (habit) although your content can be created in any software that allows you to copy and paste text. I complete the entire blog on ActiveRain, INCLUDING the addition and placement of ANY graphic images. Once I am content with the content, checked my spelling, and satisfied with the placement of any images, I then select the ActiveRain "POST BLOG ENTRY" to save my work (ensure DRAFT mode is the default setting).
2. Next, I select EDIT, and use my mouse to select (highlight) and copy the ENTIRE ActiveRain blog, along with ALL images. On another tab I have the InnovaStudio's WYSIWYG Editor open. I then paste the draft blog content from ActiveRain into the large blank area of InnovaStudio's WYSIWYG Editor like so:
3. I choose my font style, font size (I'm using the #3 size here), change any words to color, make size corrections to any images, then click the "SAVE FILE NOW" button (lower left portion of the InnovaStudio's WYSIWYG Editor) when finished. This causes a window to open and ask where you wish to save the work. I use a file Folder on my desktop entitled ActiveRain Blogs. Save the work wherever it's convenient for you. NOTE: The blog content will now be saved as HTML CODE.
4. Now open this saved file (the blog is ENTIRELY in HTMLCode as indicated in the graphic here), select (highlight) and copy all of the code.
5. Return to ActiveRain, open your blog - this time using the [green] HTML tab (a small window opens warning you that the WYSIWYG and HTML tabs aren't linked and asking if you wish to proceed - see graphic below). Since you should have already saved the draft in WYSIWYG mode at the end of Step 1, select YES to continue. Your blog will now display the previously saved blog in html code. Delete this html text and replace it by pasting the html code copied from Step 4.
6. Save the work by selecting the ActiveRain "POST BLOG ENTRY" (check you're in DRAFT mode). When the screen refreshes, you should see your work in a new light with all the enhancements you made to font style, size and color. You're now ready to post the blog!
How to change FONT STYLE:
How to change FONT SIZE:
How to change FONT COLOR:
So there you have it, a FREEand EASY-TO-USE web-based HTML editor from InnovaStudio. I hope this helps provide you with the means to dress up your blogs and captivate your readers!
We set the standard for EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE in Acadiana!
i List For Less Realty is home officed in Lafayette, and services the surrounding communities of Abbeville, Breaux Bridge, Broussard, Carencro, Crowley, New Iberia, Opelousas, Rayne, Scott, Saint Martinville, Sunset, and Youngsville.
2314 Kaliste Saloom Road, Suite 913, Lafayette, LA 70508-6835
DISCLAIMER: Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC disclaims responsibility for any of the content or opinions expressed in this blog, including, but not limited to content or opinions regarding any products or service mentioned on the blog. Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC disclaims liability for any damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of, or reliance on, information contained in this blog. This blog may contain links to other Web sites operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to access the information contained therein. Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC disclaims any responsibility for the content of any other sites or the products or services that may be offered on or through those sites. Inclusion of a link to another site does not indicate any endorsement or approval of the site or its content. Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC reserves the right to edit, remove or deny access to individuals or content that it determines to be unacceptable, including, but not limited to, any abusive, profane, rude, defamatory, or anonymous comments.
Copyright © 2011 By Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC. All Rights Reserved.