There are many rules of engagement when blogging, none of which I follow or followed but I have learned a thing or two about not hitting the submit button and revisiting in the morning. Here is what I've learned:
- Don't post when you are angry or distraught about an issue, any issue. Whether it be Political, Personal, Professional, or you just happened upon a bad batch of Saved By The Bell re-runs, just don't do it. Sleep on it and revisit in the morning. But before you do, watch an episode of Walker Texas Ranger just to balance out the Karma.
- Don't post when you just had a fight with your significant other. This can potentially lead to bad things. Trust me, when I included this song just after a fight on a Valentine's Day Encounter... sex was stagnant for a week straight. I slept on the couch for a month. I heard about it for a year.
- Don't post when you are simply downgrading any perceived competition to what you do for a living. Most of the time it comes off either as sour grapes or you are riding the tails of some entity better equipped to do what you do than you. Not good. If I learned one thing from the movie, "Road House", be nice. Be respectful. They may still come after you, but you've done your particular job. Be nice. If they continue, berate them like their mother was your love slave in a MTV Snuff Film before MTV became non-music oriented.
- Don't post when you are drunk or lacking any mental function that requires actual thought. This should be an easy one to note, however we all know inhibitions and frontal lobes run away when encountered by their evil twin ... YOU! If you want to world to see your Diary, feel free. But if you want a future in Politics, save it for Twitter.
- Lastly, Please do not post if your next Job Interview is with this guy:
Active Rain has enough to deal with at this moment in time.
Running For Politics Before The Age of 40