PUTTING YOUR "LOCAL KNOWLEDGE" TO WORK FOR YOU: ...How To Make It Work And Why It Will Create More Business!!!
On May 24th I wrote a blog post called: "YOUR "NICHE AREA" INFORMATION.....A Business BUILDING BLOCK To Create More Business?
In that post I made a point of getting your local information out there to your sphere of influence. Nothing makes YOU stand out BETTER in your market than the ability to inform.
THREE KEY POINTS THAT I MADE IN THAT POST:
- Buyers always want to feel like they are on the "inside" of the best informed about their new neighborhood!--They want to know why it is the best place to live.
- Local information builds on itself until a buyer knows so much about a given area that it is just a matter of time before they buy a house there!"
- Information about an area is like a building block. Think about it as a stepping stone to success.
In this post I want to offer you even more information and good suggestions for using your local knowledge as a way to gain better access to buyers and sellers. In this post I will try to convey to you the important awareness ofwhat Local Knowledge will do for you and your business; I will lend some of my own ideas to you to help in that endeavor. Here are the "how-tos" and the "whys" of informing the public with Authority:
AUTHORITATIVE LOCAL KNOWLEDGE WILL:
- BUILD RAPPORT--Rapport is a necessary professional interaction that is needed to build trust in your buying and selling public.
- Establish you as the MOST knowledgeable professional that you need to be in your area.
- Give YOU a reputation as the most informed agent. YOU will be the first agent in the mind of a buyer or a seller when it comes time to buy or list their home.
- GIVE you the needed confidence that LOCAL knowledge affords a "Local Expert". YOU WILL have the AUTHORITY needed to approach your buyers and sellers with the stature of a well informed, top agent in that area.
BUYERS AND SELLERS have a better feeling about who it is that is working with them and the handling of their property. Through using your local knowledge, your clients will feel they are in the best hands available to them.
- Current LOCAL market reports help you to build the authority needed to reflect your hands on knowledge of what is happening in the local real estate markets.
- HEADLINE the trend that you see unfolding...Keep it simple and to the point!
- Words like: "Vibrant Market Activity" or "The Old Slog of Slower Sales" can make a headline stand out.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU:
NOW, it is all well and good that you know how local knowledge is the magic "building block"; it is another whole matter to try to put the description down in words so that the public will want to read it.
When you have gathered all the information that is interesting and even intriguing to the public, you must make it irresistible to read--most articles that are written about an area take the approach of a "review" of the facts. This may work well for a restaurant review but not so for a meaty article on a place you want to make irresistible to a potential homeowner. You WANT them to know everything about the area they may choose to live in. You WANT your buyers to experience it too and the best way to avail yourself of valuable information is in your description through your writing. Colorful, authoritative writing is the answer.
- GOOD CONTENT is the basis for all good writing--we have all heard this over and over again right here on ActiveRain. Providing interesting and good local information is the best way to build your business. If you have found a place, a park, a museum, a gallery or anything that hits a note of real local pleasure---let the world know; let your client base know how much fun and how much history or local culture you may find here! If you have had fun and real pleasure in your experience of a place or a park or other local entertainment--go there, to that place you were when you first experienced it. That is where you will find the right words to take your readers to the same spot.
- USE LOCAL COLOR; that is, describe the place and it's surroundings in a colorful way: "Green grasses flow beside the pathway, making your walk one to remember"...a simple statement that is not just: "there is a walk-way leading to the spot". Another one: "White sand stretches into the distance, meeting the deep blue of the ocean"....instead of: "Atlantic beaches are the most beautiful in the nation". Both are true and both will work; adding color makes them come alive to the reader.
- BUYERS LOOK FOR THE RIGHT "PERSON" TO WORK WITH; NOT THE "RIGHT COMPANY". Once a buyer decides to buy, they are on the hunt for the right agent to work with. If an agent is well-armed with local information it becomes a lot easier to select that agent.
- It just might be that the area information you provide will be the trigger to make a buyer act sooner rather than later.
I have had many buyers contact me because of my blog posts---and I have taken many a listing from a contact after a seller read one of my posts---it really works!!
"Building blocks" of local information are the best tools you can find for the potential client base out there. Home buyers and home sellers are on the Internet increasingly if they are looking to buy or sell---"Where is that right person for me; the RIGHT AGENT to look for the right access to the area where I am selling or buying a home?"...That is a basic question that is held in the mind of serious buyers and sellers. No one is looking for a "company" necessarily; no, they are looking for the "connection", the "expert" in the area in which they want to buy. They are looking for the best agent to work with and they are serious when they are at that stage of looking!
DON"T LOSE SIGHT OF THIS FACT......
WRITE WITH THIS IN MIND AND WRITE AUTHORITATIVELY--YOU WILL HAVE A TREMENDOUS OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE MORE AND BETTER BUSINESS FOR YOURSELF.