- Be professional. Everything you post, including photos, videos, tweets, etc. should reflect professionalism and good taste.
- Update your sites frequently so that people have a reason to visit you on a regular basis.
- Provide value by posting fresh, original, interesting content (tips, information, advice about neighborhoods, homes, pricing, schools, upgrades, interior design).
- But be careful not to "spam" people. Make sure your communication pushes are measured, meaningful and relevant.
- Be personal and personable online, but not overly casual or intimate.
- Connect with influencers, such as media types, bloggers and well known individuals.
- Send out frequent updates about new listings, open houses, closings and other activities.
- Contribute to conversations about issues and trends in the real estate industry.
- Share stories, case studies and testimonials that speak to your success as a REALTOR®
As you think about using SMM in your marketing mix, keep in mind that social media engagement is a dialogue, a two-way conversation, and active participation is required. This calls for ongoing monitoring as well as dedicated resources for care and feeding.