Success with Craigslist really depends on several factors, so here are 10 Free Tips.
1. Be The One to Start the Hype. Is your area's Craigslist well known and widely used? If your area isn't often used --- yet ---be the one to use it most often.
2. Repetition, repetition, repetition. How often do you post your listings? 2-3 times a week is a good number, as long as you have 48 hours between postings.
3. Catchy headline --- be creative. Use humor. For example, if you're posting a fixer --- you can headline it by saying "What a dump!" or "You can own this dump!" (Another tip: Make sure the homeowner is ok with this clever marketing idea prior to posting it on Craigslist! Could be a counterproductive move if the listing is pulled due to a seller’s lack of humor.)
4. Use VFlyer.com and Postlets.com to create your flyers with multiple pictures. After taking the time to create the flyer once, when posting on Craigslist later, it's simply copy/pasting the html.
5. Pictures, pictures, pictures! Post the maximum allowed. When using Postlets, you can post up to 6 pictures, free. With Vflyer it may be 24. Just like posting on MLS --- your primary photo should be the knock out punch. Provide as many pictures possible.
6. Recreate old postings --- Craigslist makes re-posting a breeze. You can log on to your account, edit/change/delete. You can also copy paste using old postings if you're not inclined to log on to Postlets/Vflyer again
7. Specify the City when posting real estate for sale. If you don't, it will get lost in a sea of postings.
8. Put in KEY words or the buzz words of the moment. For example, "Not an REO!" or "Not a Short Sale!" --- people using keywords to find such listings will find yours, too.
9. Email your database & Use Facebook. If you have listings, email the posting to your clients and prospects. Post the link on your Facebook wall.
10. Post your open houses. Invite your prospects to come see you during your open house by providing a link to your Craigslist posts. It’s another way to market your listing for free and reach out to more than one source. (Sidenote: Please be careful in open houses when posting on social media)
Cragislist can be a powerhouse source. Use it. I hope these 10 free tips come of use to you when posting on Craigslist.