Mid Year 2011 Home Sales Are UP For New Canaan, Ct.
New Canaan has an area of about 22.5 square miles with a population of about 19,811 (2009) with an estimated median household income of $141,592. South of downtown is Waveny Park (WP) open to all town residents with 250 acres offering such amenities as paddle courts, sport fields, walking trails, home to Powerhouse Performing Arts Center and Carriage Barn Theatre. Waveny Park is also home to the WP Swimming Pool and Spencer’s Run Dog Park. General hours for the park are dawn to dusk all year with free parking.
Mid Year YTD 2011 market housing data for single family homes in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Unit Sales for single family homes in New Canaan year to date (YTD) are up 28%.
Median Sale Price is up 13.8% from $1,400,000 in 2010 to $1,592,500. (2011) YTD.
June’s inventory is at 293 compared to June 2010 of 276.
June’s unit sales were 32 up 28% from June 2010 of 25 units.
June’s market time days for 2011 were 103 vs. 164 for June 2010.
William Raveis Website, Raveis.com, has a great tool for owners, sellers & buyers called ‘Local Housing Data’. On this page it will give you all the local up to date data & statistic for the town you are interested in.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report and the Greater Fairfield County CMLS which is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified
**Reference: - City-Data.Com, Factfinder.census.gov, Greater Fairfield County MLS, William Raveis Home Data, ZipAreaCode.net., NewCanaan.info, NewCanan.patch
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A resident of Fairfield County for over 40 years with 30 years of work experience throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Darien MLS, Greenwich MLS & Greater Fairfield County, Ct MLS.
- NAR Green designee.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut.