Well, I have been MEME'd. So, I am supposed to reveal five things about me that are interesting and unknown to you. Where should I begin?? Here we go.
1. Earlier this year, I became a father for the first time. My wife and I had our beautiful, wonderful daughter. She is now eight months old. My, my how things change. Kristin and I have realized that neither one of us is the boss anymore. That title belongs to our daughter! And we wouldn't have it any other way. I also realized that I am not as tough as I once was...daddy's little girls will do that to a man!
2. I am a sports fanatic...always have been and probably always will be. Our high school did not have a tennis team when we arrived, so some friends and I created one. We made the playoffs in our very first year of existence. We got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, but at least we made it, right?
I won a free throw shooting contest while in the Bahamas for our one year anniversary. I must also give credit to Kristin here...she finished second! This was motivation for me because had she won, I never would have heard the end of it!!
I am a huge billiards/pool buff as well. When I was little, my dad would stand me on top of a Pepsi crate so that I could see the top of the table and play. My love for the game hasn't wavered since.
I was offered a partial tennis scholarship to a small college here in South Carolina. I didn't accept because the school wasn't ideal for me because of my major...plus I wasn't good enough in tennis that I could make money doing it!
And of course, since I live in Myrtle Beach, I love to golf. Notice I didn't call myself a golfer...I said I like to golf! I'm OK, but not great. This is a good excuse to play more..practice, practice, practice!
3. I am an only child. I will never forget that because Kristin reminds me of it quite a bit!
4. I love my job. I love the relationships I build with my clients. I love the relationships I build with my coworkers and my competition. I love the relationships that I have built on ActiveRain.
5. I am a big Hootie-ite!! I love Hootie and the Blowfish. Whenever they play anywhere close by, I am there with one of my best friends that lives in Charleston, SC. We have been to their Homegrown Concert five straight years. We have also been to their Monday After The Masters charity golf tournament and concert the past two years.
Well, hopefully this will help some of you to get to know me a little better. Take it easy on me..this was my first MEME. Hope you enjoy it.