Russel Ray has this really good discription of points for Active Rain....Check it out reblog it whatever you need to do.
Have a great week AR friends!
Do not read this if you have more than 4,741 points
I heard rumors that ActiveRain is in talks with Bank of America so that real estate agents can trade their points in for certain services. For example, if you are working a short sale with BofA, you'll be able to trade 10,000 points for one fewer day working with that short sale!
Here are ways to get those valuable ActiveRain points:
- 100 points for activating your real estate profile.
- 100 points for adding your primary phone number. Apparently no points for alternate phone number and no points for fax number.
- 215 points for short description in your profile. You're limited by the number of characters, so use them all.
- At least 111 points for adding content to "about me" in your profile. Don't be afraid to delve way back into your history: "I was born in Kingsville, Texas. My first interest was music, and I was practicing piano, violin, and voice before I was 10."
- At least 544 points for adding content to "certifications" in your profile. Be wordy. Don't abbreviate. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Forest Management from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, put that. Don't put "B.S., Texas A&M." If you have a long résumé, then you can abbreviate. But re-write or add if you don't have at least 544 points yet.
- At least 169 points for adding content to "testimonials" in your profile. Be wordy. Don't abbreviate. If you have a testimonial from a Client named Viswanathan Anand (for all you chess fans), and you live in Truth-or-Consequences, New Mexico, put that. Don't put "Mr. Anand." If you have a billion testimonials, then you can abbreviate. But re-write or add if you don't have at least 169 points yet.
- 50 points the first time you view someone else's points summary.
- 750 points if you're a speed demon, i.e., if you write your first blog post within 48 hours of activating your profile.
- 1,080 points for uploading a high definition photo to your profile.
- 100 points just for logging in each day! That's 700 points per week!
- 25 points for each blog comment you make, as long as it's 50 characters, up to a maximum of 10 per day. That's 1,750 points per week! That doesn't mean that you can't make more comments because when you do, those people will come by YOUR blog and leave comments, which provides you with:
- 4 points for each comment from someone else in your blog. There is a twist here. The first two comments will get you no points. When that third comment shows up, you'll get 12 points, i.e., 4 points for each comment. There is also a maximum, but it seems to vary. Once you get that 20th comment, sometimes the 25th comment, you'll get no more points for comments to that blog post. This means that you have a chance to catch those ahead of you because even if they get a Featured Post with 200 comments, only the first 20 or 25 count for points.
- 225 points for a blog entry if you complete Channels. Without Channels, it's 200 points. You can get an automatic 2,250 points by doing 10 blog posts per week. You are not limited to 10 blog posts per week. You are only limited to an automatic 225 points for each blog post up to 10 per week. You will also get comment points; see #12.
- 100 points if your blog post is "featured."
- 25 points if you re-blog someone else's blog post. There is a maximum of 10 reblogs per week, but that doesn't mean you can't re-blog more because if you reblog them, they just might find something of yours to reblog, and that gets you:
- 25 points if someone re-blogs your blog post.
- 250 points if someone accepts your invitation to join ActiveRain.
- 10% of the points that your invitee earns. This is where you can get big-time points if you invite big-time people who Play in the Rain. There are some people here who don't actively participate anymore yet get 500-1,500 points per day because all the people they invited are still active.
- 500 points for completing an ActiveRain success story.
- 2,500 points each month if you join the Pay It Forward group and participate according to the group guidelines.
- Bonus points. Awarded as deemed appropriate by the ActiveRain gods. For example, I got bonus points for being on ActiveRain Radio in May. Become involved in the ActiveRain community, help our community by helping others, by doing something special to help our community. The ActiveRain gods will notice and give you bonus points. If they don't notice, someone will point it out to them. I've seen as many as 15,000 bonus points awarded at one time.
- Contest points. These can range from 200 points just for entering the contest to as many as 5,000 points for winning.
- 10 points for reporting spam. I added this one after John's comment (#24).
- 0-10 points for commenting in your own blog. You'll have to figure this one out on your own. I have to hold something back!
Feel free to reblog or leave a comment if you found this helpful.
Next post will be:
Picture of the Moment: My first (great) nightime picture
Twenty most recent posts
- Video of the Moment— Cliff diving at Sunset Cliffs on July 4
- Friday Flower Fiesta — With a little local history thrown in for good measure
- Opinion — I just love paying kickbacks to realty agents
- Fun with Russel Ray — But what does it all mean?
- Video of the Moment — Over here! Over here!
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — I prefer to live out my life at the beach rather than in a prison cell.
- Business & Marketing — It's July 6. Do you know where YOUR clients are?
- Wordless Wednesday (with a lot of text) — Biking out of depression, part 2
- Wordless Wednesday (with a lot of text) — Biking out of depression
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — It's time for all homes to have fire suppression systems!
- Music on Mondays from the Music Chronicles of Russel Ray — Does anyone remember when pop music was fun?
- Video of the Moment — The Grand Finale of the San Diego "Big Bay Boom!" fireworks show!
- We Americans are CRAZY, some more so than others!
- ActiveRain — Are my attempts successful? (bald eagle pictures included)
- Flower Fiesta — Red, White, and Blue!
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — Now is a great time to call your favorite chimney sweep!
- ActiveRain — Feature worthy and rebloggable, #3
- Pay It Forward — Twelve miles in just six hours!
- Business & Marketing — Six steps to having a successful open house
- ActiveRain — Please welcome Peter Russell to our ActiveRain community