Its time for me to get with the times. Pretty sad statement from someone who loves technology. From someone who has a bachelors degree in computers and sytems management. While I've jumped on board with so many other technology tools for some reason I left this one out of the loop.
I've struggled for years to gather signatures from all the different parties involved in a real estate transaction. So when I saw a webinar announced a few weeks ago featuring DocuSign I was interested, very interested. I attended the webinar and shortly after I received a phone call from
- Partners and only vendor completely audited and accepted by the National Association of Realtors
- Accepted by the Federal Housing Administration
- 50,000 + Realtors using DocuSign today
- Only solution fully compliant with the Esign act
- Only esignatures accepted by Fannie May and Freddie Mac
- More than 75% of the marketshare
- Save time and money doing documents electronically (especially with today’s gas prices)
- Happier clients – they can sign from the comfort of wherever they are. Even on their mobile devices.
- 100% legal from beginning to finish
- Never have unreadable documents, never drive out at night for an initial, and never miss a deal.
- Get everyone’s signature on the same document in minutes – with time to spare
What a better time to jump in and start using this great technology. Sellers and buyers are vacationing and its hard to get everyone to find a kinko's during their vacation. With Docusign I am looking forward to offering a feature that will only help make my clients transaction a smoother experience.
I have too many horror stories about past experiences so here is my recap:
*Gone are the days of "lending" my sellers or buyers a fax machine to use during the transaction process, gone are the days of meeting them on their date night to sign papers, gone are the days of paying for kinko's expenses so they can send and receive paperwork, gone are the days of dealing with hotels and their technology challenges, gone are the days of the underwritter saying they need a clearer copy and driving the paperwork to each party to sign so it stays nice and pretty, gone are the days of the mad dash to the store to purchase more ink because my kids decided to print a ton of color sheets earlier that day and not tell me, gone are the days of sticky arrows and stamps saying sign here,
I love technology! Thank you activerain for helping me get on the Docusign bandwagon
"This post is a submission to the DocuSign/ActiveRain Electronic Signature Stories Contest. It's possible I will win a prize for writing this post. You could win a prize too by going to the Contest Announcement and sharing your own story"