If you think today is any different than other facets of our country's history, you may want to read up on that history. While it's certainly more pronounced, more displayed and out there ... we probably aren't any more special than our predecessors. I probably won't see the end of the world in my lifetime.
On to Politics ...
- If one more moron starts talking to me about Michele Bachmann's migraines, I just might puke. First off, that probably flirts with something that is against the Americans With Disabilities Act. And even if it doesn't, who cares? May I remind you that JFK was in pretty bad shape and on more pain medication (for his back) than your run-of-the-mill Rock God. And look at Reagan, there are staunch possibilities that Alzheimer's was affecting him during his Presidency. Listen, I wouldn't vote for Bachmann on a dare, but that particular argument against her just sucks.
- It would not make one iota of a difference in the defecit, but I'd love to hear one Representative tell me they will be taking a pay-cut. In the fiscal matter of things, the reality of it wouldn't matter at all. But there would be a hell of a perception change for that particular Representative.
- Until FOX NEWS & MSNBC go the path that the WWE created to circument the athletic commissions back in the day and admit they are merely entertainment ... I'll continue watching both worlds. I grew out of Jerry Springer too.
- I'm Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative. Apparently, there are many in that same boat. I think they need a powerful voice to combat the far left and far right extremes whose voices tend to be the loudest. For this cause, I nominate Leonard Cohen. Not sure he agrees with the philosophy, but he has one hell of a voice.
- Anyone recall that Civic Duty thing? Not an occupation ... ?
- If Gay Marriage offends you and you haven't fucked your wife in the past three months, Shut Up, you queer!