This is a great Blog for those that don't know about links and utilizing them, thanks for posting it, I am going to repost it.
Are you using the ActiveRain sidebar link location to the best of it's ability? Did you know every time you post a blog those links are counted as a back link? Granted, they are not as heavy on the back link scale as say a back link from a .gov or .edu site but they still count and every little bit adds up.
The best way to utilize those links is to find the best keyword for whatever you are pointing the link to. DO NOT use the link phrase "my website" as this means nothing about your site. You don't want to be found for the keyword "my website".
You can point those links to anywhere you want, as many as you want! Google really only likes pages with less than 100 links but recognizes ActiveRain to be a blogging platform and will naturally have more links on the page.
Remember these things when adding links to your sidebar:
- Use each domain only once - Google will only count one exact domain for each keyword phrase. Don't add 10 links with different keywords all pointing to the exact same address. Use your main keyword for the homepage of your website and sub pages should have links of their own like this -
Each are directed to the same website but different pages. These count now as three back links to the site, one link each for each page.
- Don't use generic terms such as "my facebook page" or "My linked in profile" - Use your keywords here too.
(While these can be used in your links, to get people to follow you it's best to use them in your signature as icons)
- Don't neglect the power of your profile for links as well - Google indexes your profile as well even if you are not an Rainmaker. Make sure you utilize the space there to promote not only yourself and your business but your links as well.
- Click on the [add/remove] link next to the link bar and simply add the url. It's really very easy.
Here are some more helpful tips about keywords and back links.
- Mistakes you might be making in choose keywords
- What is a back link and how do I get them?
- How to write and optimize a blog
Tammy Emineth is an expert in custom content and orginal articles for blogs, website, press releases and more. Contact me anytime and feel free to subscribe to this blog to stay up to date on my latest blogs and informative information. Email me or contact me for Real Estate Website Marketing and SEO Content Writing.
The information contained in this blog is believed to be true and correct and while every effort is made to assure that the information is as accurate as possible, the author of this blog, and its comments disclaim any implied warranty or representation about it's accuracy for any particular purpose. All information is copy written and the property of Tammy Emineth.