My fellow Floridian, Toni Weidman, of Re/Max Sunset Realty, in New Port Richey has written a thorough post on putting together a To Go Box for your business. You may not be in a hurricane area as we are here in Florida, but there are other emergencies that could arise.
And, while you're at it, don't forget a To Go Box for your home as well.
Is your business safe in the event of severe weather or other natural disaster? We are right in the middle of hurricane season in Florida. You should have a “Go Box” ready to take with you if you need to evacuate. A “Go Box” contains copies of important documents, equipment, supplies essential for your business to continue to operate, and your insurance policies. Everything you need to run or restart your business.
Some Recommended Items for Your “Go Box”1. A copy of an emergency contact list of employees, and phone #s of key customers/clients..
2. Voice mail box # and remote password information and instructions so you can change messages and provide information to employees so they can call in for instructions.3. Copy of insurance policies, agent contact information.
4. Copy of a list of emergency vendors (contractors, plumbers, electricians, restoration contractors, mold remediation, etc.) Make sure they are still in business in your area.
5. Several copies of your “Authorized Passage Under Emergency Conditions Memo or Letter in case one of your employees loses their letter or it is destroyed. This will provide them with the okay to enter the workplace or area if it is safe to do so.
6. Copy of Listing of your business vendors & suppliers essential for critical activities
7. Back-up files/tapes or server(s) of electronic data8. Copy of essential policies, emergency procedures, Business Continuity Plans
9. General Office supplies: pens, pencils, stapler, tape, paper, plus any special forms, etc.10. Pictures of business inside and out. This includes home-based businesses.
Also you need to have the following documentation required for an SBA disaster Loan or other type of assistance that might become available:
Corporations/Partnerships: Copy of 3 years tax returns / 1 year personal tax returns on principles. Sole Proprietorships: Copy of 3 years tax returns with Schedule C
Sole Proprietorships, Corporations and Partnerships all need the following for loans:
Copy of Current Profit & Loss Statement (within 90 days)
Copy of Listing of inventoryCopy of Schedule of LiabilityCopy of Balance sheet (as recent as possible)Copies of all your required licenses.Now you know what a “Go Box” is- go get it done before the storms start coming in. Oh, and it's not just important for Florida. We have severe weather everywhere in the country lately. So no matter where you are--you need a Go Box.Posts you may have missed.
Home Sales in West Pasco - Jan-June 2011
My worst nightmare- in New Port Richey-Florida
Crossing the Bar - Sunset in Holiday - Florida
Looking for a Home or Need to Sell Your Nest?
Timber Greens in New Port Richey-Florida for a great golf communiting
Million Dollar Ice Cream Cone
Green Key Beach & Robert K. Rees Memorial Park in New Port Richey-FL
United Way and Stuff the School Bus for Pasco County Teachers
A+ Tax and Accounting Service Inc. in New Port Richey-FL
Re/Max Sunset Realty and the 3rd Annual Angelus Extravaganza
Baker House in Holiday-Florida - An Authentic Cracker House
A Stormy Day at Mezzaluna Pizzeria-New Port Richey-Florida
Spherion Nature Coast will find your qualified workers
Baby Giraffe at Animal Kindom Lodge-DisneyWorld
Looking for Health Insurance-Modglin Insurance Services
Lookiing for Low-cost Dental Insurance here in New Port Richey-Florida
Home Sales June 2011Looking for a great agent? Let me help you find one.Thinking of Selling Your Home in the Trinity-New Port Richey to Hudson Area? Call Me or email my assistant, Shayna (an SPCA Suncoast alumni).GRI, Broker-associate
Re/Max Sunset, Trinity, FL 34655727-237-0083
Website: www.toniweidman.comemail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe support the SPCA Suncoast in New Port Richey, FL.