I just got my NEW Toshibe Thrive tablet and it asks in the start-up/set-up IF I want Google to follow me and know where I am...I said YES!
Is Google Big Brother?
I'm not one of those who typically worries whether I'm being watched by the government or local grocers, a.k.a. 'Big Brother.' I don't really do anything illegal or irreverent so, I say, watch all you want--it's likely you'll be bored! So, when I hear people complain about 'Big Brother,' I usually just shrug and dismiss any concerns that they call to my attention.
If you're reading the social media blogs, you'll find a common thread--"Google knows what you're doing," "Google will penalize you for this, that or the other," etc. Is Google really the Big Brother that everyone thinks it is?
For some, that may be a fearful thought but, the more I thought about it, the more I reassured myself, "Hey, this is a GOOD thing!"
1. My content is original
2. My content is informational for my targeted audience
3. I don't steal images from anyone...or content, for that matter
4. I don't pay someone else to write or post my content from overseas or even locally
5. I don't pay linking services to 'help' my placement in the search engines
6. The IP addresses that I use--home and work computers--are the only ones used to post my content whether it be on G+, FB, Twitter, ActiveRain or any of my websites.
So, watch me all you want, Google! Hopefully I'm being rewarded for being the boring me who works my fingers to the bone 18-hours a day, 7-days a week!
Does Big Brother worry you?