This is going to be a quick, fun post about the Daytona Beach area. But to start, it's usually necessary to point out the fact that what people believe is all Daytona Beach, is actually several small cities, all within close proximity to each other, with Daytona Beach being in the center. Here's a brief layout of the cities, starting on the north end of Volusia County...
- Ormond by-the Sea (on the beachside only)
- Ormond Beach (on the mainland and the beachside)
- Holly Hill (only on the mainland)
- Daytona Beach (on the mainland and the beachside)
- Daytona Beach Shores (only on the beachside)
- South Daytona (mainland only)
- Port Orange (on the mainland, with a tiny little section on the beachside-most locals don't even know this!)
- Wilbur by-the Sea (beachside only)
- Ponce Inlet (only on the beachside)
While not part of the Daytona Beach grouping, I sell real estate in New Smyrna Beach and Edgewater also, since they're a few miles away and are still part of Volusia County.
Now for some fun facts. Did you know that you can drive your vehicle on Daytona Beach? Just be careful not to violate any of the Conservation Laws in regards to the sand dunes and sea oats. And be especially careful about the laws regarding the sea turtle nests, eggs and hatchlings.
And did you know that the Daytona Flea and Farmers Market was named one of America's Top 5 Flea Markets by USA Weekend? That's pretty impressive considering the size of this area.
If you're interested in buying or selling real estate in this area, I'd love to help! Make a SMART CHOICE and call Lisa Hill today!