The La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club opened in 1927 as the La Jolla Beach & Yacht Club. A gentleman by the name of Frederick William Kellogg purchased the property in 1934 to create an oceanfront resort. Kellogg changed the emphasis on the club to that of an exclusive oceanfront tennis resort to attract out of town visitors, as well as La Jollan's. In 1940 the responsibilty for the Club fell to William Scripps Kellogg, Frederick"s son. William was the driving force behind the resort's success as a tennis and vacation destination. He oversaw the construction of the Playa Del Oro Apartment and the F.W. Kellogg commercial building. He was known for taking children for rides on the beach in a 1915 Packard, know as the "Old Black Goose". The children who rode in the convertible became members of the Old Black Goose Club, swearing to never become litterbugs.
Today the Club, the Marine Room Restaurant, La Jolla Shores Hotel and Shores Restaurant are in the hands of a fourth generation Kellogg family memeber. William ("Bill") J. Kellogg. The Club has remained a family heirloom, prized and protected by successive generations.
- Attention La Jolla Homes for Sale with Smokers!
- La Jolla Halloween Planning
- La Jolla Luxury Oceanfront Home of the Week!
- Daytrips from La Jolla - Let's go to a Winery!
- The Bay Club Hotel and Marina A Romantic Getaway from La Jolla
- La Jolla Communites Particpates in BLOG Action Day!
- Safety Tips for your La Jolla home!
- How to hire a Cleaning Service in La Jolla!
- The best of Cultural Actives are in La Jolla!
- What is Landslide Insurance and can I get it in La Jolla?
Real Estate in La Jolla: