I SAW THIS "MOVING CHECKLIST" IN A AHS WARRANTY PACKAGE & THOUGHT IT COULD BE HELPFUL....
TWO WEEKS BEFORE MOVE:
- Change address on driver's license, auto registration, voter's registration, credit cards and with doctors, veterinarian, utilities companies, subscriptions to magazines and newspapers and your employer.
- Submit a postal change of address form either online or by mail.
- Fill prescriptions for the next couple of weeks.
1-5 DAYS BEFORE MOVE:
- Defrost freezer and empty ice maker and ice cube trays.
- Clean refrigerator, stove top and oven.
- Disconnect and drain all appliances.
- Drain fuel from power equipment.
- Have payment for movers ready.
- Confirm travel arrangements.
- Confirm arrival time of movers or pick-up time of rental truck.
- Gather and clean outdoor furniture.
- Return cable box, cable modem and DSL modem if necessary.
- Organize keys.
- Close safe deposit box.
- Clean house.
- Finish packing.
- Prepare food for move day.
- Disassemble beds.
- Check that all cupboards, closets, dishwasher and other appliances are empty.
- Give movers tour and instructions for what is being moved.
ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME!!!
By Karin Stocknoff ~ The Kasey Group 8/4/2011