What is the Greatest Source of Business in Real Estate?
Here is a hint: It has nothing to do with the internet. Yes, NOTHING to do with technology.
We all know that any type of sales is a numbers game: A sales person who contacts 2,000 people will generate more sales than someone who is calling only 200 people. However, I am not saying that we need to contact more people that we do not know.
Our greatest source of business in any industry is Repeat Business and Referrals. It takes soo much time, money and energy to be the ONLY promoter of your business. WHAT IF?? You had 10 or 20 people promoting your services as a Realtor? Your sales would go up by 10 to 20 times. Every happy client SHOULD equal a new referral every year. What this means to me as a Realtor:
* Focus on the Clients wants and needs as opposed to getting a commission check. If you put your clients first, the money will definitely take care of itself (over time)
* Always be up front and honest with your clients. It is the ONLY way to gain credibiltiy and respect from your clients.
* Do your BEST work at all times (even if the commission check is going to be small). We are in the people business and NOT in the commission business.
* Communication is KEY. This begins with answering your phone or getting back to your clients ASAP. Your clients need to be able to tell you anything (especially when spending a half a million dollars on a home purchase)
* ASK for referrals because you actually earned the right to be mentioned to friends and family. They will only promote your business if you have done a great job.
Mark Velasco-The 1 Day Home Seller (So California)