Summer is a great time of year to go outside. Impress your neighbors with your homegrown fruits and vegetables. This is the time to show off your green thumb and spend time in your garden. Summer is time to plant beans, squash, melons, cucumbers, and corn to add to your garden décor. You can also share your abundance of fruits and vegetables with your friends, family and neighbors. What a great way to keep in touch with them.
Here are some summers gardening tips:
• Summer is the time to plant the following warm weather crops in your garden: beans, squash, melons, cucumbers, and corn.
• Squash and melons require special care. Create mounds for them in your gardens that are 3 feet apart. Plant 5 to 7 seeds for each mound. After the seedlings have appeared for a week, pull up all but the two that look the strongest.
• If you planted tomatoes in late spring, be sure to stake them. This keeps the fruit from dragging on the ground, which can encourage pests. It also saves space in your garden.
• Okra is another garden crop that requires some special care. The seeds are covered in a tough coat. To combat this, soak them in water 6 to 24 hours before planting. Next, plant them 2 inches apart and as they pop up, thin them to 6 inches apart. Also, be sure to cut okra pods often or else they can get oversized and tough.
• The more you pick your crop in your garden, the more vegetables you’ll. If you leave mature vegetables sitting on the plant, the plant will focus on nurturing that instead of producing new vegetables. Harvest consistently so that your garden plants continue to produce.
• Don’t forget to weed your garden and treat for any pests.
SUMMER GARDENING IN ARIZONA? YOU BET!!
Harvesting your own garden is very rewarding and a great way to stay healthy!
We are pleased to bring you this information. We encourage you to follow our blogs for helpful information. When you are buying or selling real estate, our expertise will make your home buying experience enjoyable. Call The Cody Anne Team today! Cody Anne 928-848-1188 or Micheal Yarnes 928-533-6859. Check out our websites www.codyanne.com or www.SearchPrescottRealEstate.com .