- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 9 slices white or whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 6 pounds fresh broccoli, trimmed
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add bread crumbs and saute until golden.
- Stir in eggs, parsley and salt.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer to platter.
- Spoon topping over the broccoli.
This recipe can be scaled down for feeding a smaller group.
Can substitute asparagus for broccoli.
Cooking time (duration):20