Addison Pacesetters Learn About Our New Elementary School at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse.
Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Neil Hewitt, Treasurer of the PTA at the new George H. W. Bush Elementary School, spoke to us.
Here are some interesting tidbits from Neil's presentation:
- Bush Elementary opens August 22, 2011 at 7:50 am.
- There is a dual immersion program
- Spanish & English
- 22 children per classroom: 11 Spanish speaking & 11 English speaking
- half day of instruction in Spanish, half day in English
- after 5th grade, the students are fluent in 2 languages
- Meet the Teacher Night is August 18th, 4:00-6:30 pm
- There are expected to be about 600 students enrolled in the new school
- PTA officers
- Jennifer Hewitt, President
- Sheryl Rowe, Vice President
- Bianca Noble, Vice President
- Kelly Henserling, Secretary
- Neil Hewitt, Treasurer
- Membership in the PTA is $10/year. You do not have to be a parent to become a member
- School mascot is Patriot
If you're not an Addison resident and would like to become one, please contact me about purchasing a condo, townhome, duplex or single family home in Addison, Texas. Addison is a great place to live, work and play!
Next month, the first Wednesday is July 6th. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.