Flood Insurance News

Real Estate Agent with RE/MAX Around the Lake


You may be hearing from your mortgage company that your property is in a flood zone - and that you need flood insurance right now!  In a nutshell, FEMA has issued new flood maps for Tallapoosa County.  This has already been done in Elmore County.  Just about anyone who owns property that touches Lake Martin may be in a flood zone.  If you have a mortgage - be prepared!

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Purchase FEMA Flood Insurance (available through most insurance agents)

2. Hire a surveyor or civil engineer to do an elevation survey and apply to FEMA for an exception.

3. Once you receive the exception, cancel your flood insurance for a full refund!

Yes, it’s a lot of trouble but this is the way to resolve the issue.

Comments (0)