ActiveRain MasterMinds Challenge - August 2011 - Real Estate Scams: How can we prevent them?
OK, MasterMind Groups.
Time for you to do what you've done best: Develop the best solutions.
Here is the challenge for August, 2011:
It seems that in our tightening economy we are hearing more and more about real estate scams. People posing as owners/landlords creating fraudulent leases robbing people of their deposit, even some owners with a foreclosure sale set on their property. And so many of us agents have had our listings hijacked online by people like these. What can we do to help prevent this and protect our consumers? Increase awareness? Mandate paperwork or create additional legislation? What is the solution?
Your team's solutions must be posted HERE on this blog post no later than September 1st, 9pm Pacific Time in order for the team to be assigned the bonus points.
Also, you must list each team member WITH their headshot in your post as well.
All members of the ActiveRain Mastermind teams who participate by the deadline are guaranteed 1,000 points to each member.
The winning team members will receive points to each member of the winning team.
The winning team for that month will be posted on the 10th of the following month, when the judges scores are released.
All other participants will receive bonus points!
So this months winning team will be posted on September 10th.
But new teams can join the ActiveRain MasterMinds group any time. Normally, if you do not register your team by the 10th of the month, then your team would have to wait until after the 15th to participate in the next months contest.
As a reminder, here are the rules:
1. The groups shall me comprised of 6 ActiveRain members
2. At least 3 of the members MUST have RainMaker status.
3. At least one of the 6 members MUST be a new member to ActiveRain that any member of your group has recruited after the 7th of the month your group was formed.
4. There can not be more than one member from the same city in each group
5. Each month on the 15th, the ActiveRain Masterminds will be given a topic come up with a solution for. These topics will include issues which your group will be proposing a solution for, or "outside the box" ways of generating more business in our industry.
6. There will be an independent panel of judges who will score each groups solutions on practicality and creativity
7. Each month there will be a winning group based on the judges scores
8. The winning group's members for that month will receive 3,000 bonus points each
9. All other groups for the month will receive 1,000 bonus points for each member
10. Each group will post ONE blog that month, on the last day of the month with their solution to the topic. It is MANDATORY that each member of the group provide a comment on the group's post as to how they came up with the solution, where the idea came from, why they feel it will work, etc
11. Each member of each group must become a member of the ActiveRain MasterMinds group.
12. The captain of each group will be responsible for posting a link of your group's blog post to the monthly Master post.
You can register individually here: http://activerain.com/groups/ActiveRainMasterMinds
You must put your groups of 6 MasterMinds together yourselves. There are no individual sign-ups.
Here is our outstanding Judges panel for the current 6-month term: