Spruce ups when selling
So you're thinking of putting your home on the market? I'm assuming you want to get the best possible sales price right? Take this advice to get your home spruced up and in tip-top condition. While this list may seem so minor that you don't think the steps are necessary, trust me they are crucial!
Before you call a real estate agent, before you put the "for sale" sign in the yard, spruce up your home. You wont regret it!
1. Trim bushes so they don't block windows or architectural details.
2. Mow your lawn if in season. Spraying your lawn with water or turning on your sprinkler 30 minutes before the showings will make your lawn sparkle.
3. Put a pot of bright flowers (Small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
4. Install new doorknobs on your front door and clean your door.
5. Repair any cracks in the driveway.
6. Edge the grass around walkways and trees.
7. Keep garden tools, hoses and outside toys out of sight.
8. Buy a new mailbox
9. Upgrade your outside lighting.
10. Buy a new doormat for your front door.
11. Clean your windows inside and out.
12. Polish or replace house numbers.
13. Place a wreath on your door.
14. Rake any leaves from lawn, clean up fallen branches.
15. If your lawn has bare spots, re-seed.
16. Re-stain or paint decks.
1. Scrub, scrub, scrub! Use a little elbow grease to make your floors, windows, appliances, walls, light fixtures and mirrors shine.
2. Get rid of all clutter. "Less is more" especially when opening your home to potential buyers. Put items in storage away from your house, have a yard sale, donate items and make a trip to the landfill.
3. Organize your closets and cupboards.
4. Paint any rooms that are old and dingy along with those that have bright or bold colors. Neutral colors are best, white, cream, tan, gray.
5. Get rid of cobwebs and dust bunnies.
6. Scrub carpets or replace if needed.
7. Spray lubricant on any squeaky door hinges.
8. Replace outdated light fixtures. Installing ceiling fans always wins!
Sulek and Dutton Real Estate