Interior Redesign in Palm Beach County: 3 Tips You Need to Know When Hiring a Contractor for Your New Impact Windows.
Whether you live in the north or here in sunny South Florida, replacing your existing windows with Impact Windows is a good way to update your home. In addition to the added value should you decide to sell your home, there are many benefits that come with impact windows.
Besides protecting you from Hurricanes, Impact Windows can help deter break-ins; are more energy efficient; can save you money from insurance discounts; reduce noise and can offer some UV protection for your furniture and flooring.
So Let's Shed Some "Light" on what you need to know before you hire your Impact Window contractor.
1. Read your Contract carefully!- If you are not comfortable with this, enlist the aid of a knowledgeable friend. Here are some points you want to pay particular attention to:
* Make sure start and end dates are listed.
* Make sure the scope of the work is detailed along with a description of the material to be used.
* Check the list of permits and licenses that the contract spells out.
* Know what the clean up policy is
* Make sure warranties are covered.
2. Get references and actually speak to them. Be cautious if your contractor asks you to obtain the permits and licenses. Never feel pressured to sign right away. And, show them the door if they have "leftover material from another job'
3. Do your research. Go to a showroom and look at the product. Ask what the warranty is. Ask questions. And do your research on the Internet.