5 Key Points when Looking for a Short Term Rental Property to buy in Central Florida.
Buying a short term rental property in Central Florida can be confusing when there are so many choices out there. By putting yourself in potential guest's shoes you could be on the right track. Here are 5 Key Points that guest consider when booking their vacation.
1. Location - Potential vacationers are mostly looking for a rental property that is close to the attractions. What does this mean? It means within 30 minutes of Lake Buena Vista and the Mouse(call me if you do not know who the Mouse is). The good news is that because of the way Central Florida is situated there are lots of short term rental locations. Some great ones are in Kissimmee, Clermont and Davenport, FL.
2. Pool - A private swimming pool is a must for a short term rental property. Yes you can get bookings without a pool but it is a lot harder. Most guest will choose to have a pool over not having a pool any day of the week. They like to have the option of relaxing by the pool all day or at night after a long day at the parks.
3. Size - How many bedrooms does your short term rental property need? This is important when you are looking at potential booking income. Keep in mind a 3 bedroom home can hold 8 to 10 guest (depending on if you have one sofa bed or two in your living areas) and a 5 bedroom can hold 12 to 14 guests. During slow times of the year a 5 bedroom can hold only 3 or 4 guests but a 3 bedroom can never hold 12 to 14 guest. You can always take smaller bookings to keep a larger house occupied and money coming in.
4. "WOW" factor - What makes guest say "WOW" and want to rebook your short term rental property? A successful short term rental property means repeat bookings. Upgraded furnishings and Flat screen TVs are a couple of items that give a house "WOW" factor and keeps guest coming again and again.
5. Games Room - Many guest have children and a great way to occupy children when in the house is a Game Room. Many Games room in short term rental properties are in the garage. A bright coat of paint and some creative flooring can go a long way. Don't forget a pool table, Air hockey table, and a PlayStation or WII.
Still have guestions and not sure what you should do, call or email me and I will be happy to help.