I wanted to post a comment regarding carbon monoxide gas (CO). This is the time of year in which the gas furnaces are started up and we usually hear on the news about a death due to CO.
If you do not have a CO monitor get one. It may save your and your family from death.
Also get your furnace checked/serviced to help ensure proper operation. The service will not only protect you from CO poisoning but keep the furnace running efficiently (saving you money).
I have a CO monitor when I conduct home inspections. This helps to keep the clients safe. But still I encourage everyone to own a CO monitoring device for their home. Weather/wind can have an effect on the drafting of gas appliances. Do not let the odorless gas sneak up up you.