The title Company calendar says that today is a good neighbor day. What makes a good neighbor? Here are some things a good neighbor will or should not do:
- Use noisy appliances late at night i.e. a vacuum cleaner.
- Play loud music that will annoy everyone.
- Allow dogs to bark excessively, see what is wrong and correct the problem or seek your vet's advice.
- Rev up engines late at night or in the wee hours of the morning.
- Allow your children to disturb the neighborhood, playing ball after hours.
It is worth it to preserve good relations with your neighbor so get to know them. If you are new to the neighborhood, introduce yourself. If you are an established resident, go over and welcome the new neighbor.
Be aware of your neighbor's work habits. If they work late at night then be considerate and keep the noise level down during the day. Older ones in the hood, look out for them and lend a helping hand when needed.
We all have a responsibility to be good citizens of our neighborhood so let's do our part. Remember the Golden Rule and have a "Good Neighbor Day".
Subscribe to CommentsComment