We were all shocked by the announcement last week about the defections of two Big East teams,Pitt and Cuse. The were courted into the expanding ACC(who now has pilfered 5 former Big East members). Started as a Basketball league the Big East has struggled on the football field. The Big East basketball program is extremely talented yet, but massive recruiting is needed to save the Football side of things ! So who's out there that could help turn the program around ? I see several good possible additions:
1. Navy- It appears the mid shipmen are about ready to join !
2. Temple- They are ready to become the "Beast of the East" as shown by their games vs, PSU & MD.
3. ECU- The Carolina Market is huge for football and the Pirates are well loved !
4. Houston - Would be a great traveling partner for TCU(new member next year).
5. Iowa State- They are unloved in the dysfunctional Big 12 and would enhance their program by gaining a new identity !
6. CFU - The Florida Market loves it's football . A great partner for the S.FL Bulls !
Well there you have it , the Big East can be saved if it makes the right moves ! What's your take on this ?