With our "Freedom Office" concept exploding, Realtors(R) working from their home offfice often take their iPad or tablet computer for on-the-go work. How to access your files when you're away from your main computer?
Two great services which offer file uploads / downloads for free are:
Your files, anywhere - Any file you save to Dropbox also instantly saves to your computers, phones, and the Dropbox website.
- 2GB of Dropbox for free, with subscriptions up to 100GB available.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Dropbox works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
- Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Manually set bandwidth limits -- Dropbox won't hog your connection.
Simple sharing - Shared folders allow people to work together on the same projects and documents.
- Invite friends, family or teammates to a folder. It'll be as if you saved the folder to their computers.
- See other people's changes instantly.
- Create photo galleries viewable by anyone you choose.
- Send a link to any file in your Dropbox using your Public folder.
Dropbox mobile - Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry keep your Dropbox at hand, even on the go.
- Bring your files with you when you're on the go.
- Edit files in your Dropbox from your phone.
- Easily upload your photos and videos to Dropbox.
- Share freely with family and friends.
Your stuff is safe - Dropbox protects your files without you needing to think about it.
- Dropbox keeps a one-month history of your work.
- Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption.
Now get your own Personal Cloud! File sync and online backup for all your devices including PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and more!
Sync files across multiple computers and devices
- Automatically sync files across computers. Sync PCs, sync Macs, even sync PCs with Macs!
Works the way you do
- With SugarSync, you decide which folders you want to sync and where you want to sync them. SugarSync works in the background so your most important data is always backed up and available to you – regardless of your location or the computer you are using. You can start editing a file on your office PC and finish it on your Mac at home.
Sync to the cloud for offline file access
- SugarSync continuously syncs and backs up files from your computer to your secure, Personal Cloud. You can edit files on your computer while it is offline and SugarSync automatically syncs the changes the next time your computer is online. You can relax with the confidence that you are always using the most recent versions of your documents.
Sync shared folders for seamless online file sharing
- Now when you collaborate with other people, your changes can be synced between your computer and theirs. When teams share project folders, changes made by one team member are automatically synced to others on the team. You can share entire folders of photos with family members, or share documents and files with your clients. Imagine the possibilities!
Feedback? Who is using Dropbox or SugarSync, and what have your experiences been?
Your techie friend,