Is Your Website keeping up with your Competition?
The first basic rule to follow in order to succeed in Internet Marketing is to emphasize Benefits, Benefits and more Benefits. Everything you publish online must promote the benefits Buyers and Sellers will receive when choosing to use your Realtor services.
When a Buyer or Seller is searching the web for a Realtor they have a plethora of choices and the only thing that will keep that lead on your website for more than 3 seconds before they click on the next Realtor’s link is what is on the top half of your website.
What is on the top half of your website?
- Do you have a large photo gallery of beautiful homes that are not your listings? This is a waste of prominent real estate on your home page.
- Do you have a sign-up form for your mailing list prominently placed in the top half of your sidebar, or in your header? This is a must if you want to grow your list....and the money is in the LIST.
- Do you have an MLS search placed on the upper right hand corner (where most web visitors are more likely to click on it)?
- What page tabs do you offer the visitor to tempt them to click on the page to see more?Area Info? Buyer Info?Seller Info? What does that do for the Buyer or Seller searching for a Realtor? This is general information they can find by Googling.
- What about your brand? Your Logo, Your Banner? Are they representative of Your business and its focus?
Most Realtors specialize in a niche…what’s yours?
- Select Communities?
- Golf Properties?
- Foreclosures & Distressed Properties?
- Second Home Buyers?
- Desert Properties?
- Luxury Homes?
Write content and create pages that will appeal to your target audience and the benefits they will receive by working with you and your team.
Google’s newest algorithm is ranking websites by content and authority. Keywords are still important and necessary, however they no longer hold the weight they used to in establishing ranking. “Content is King”. Publish unique targeted relevant content frequently and you will get noticed by the search engines.
In summary, how does your website measures up?
- Design – simple style, don’t overcrowd with images. Readable fonts in both style and color. Work with a 3 color theme maximum with your own branding in logo and header!
- Navigation – position all links to pages in tabs at the top of the page. Don’t make the visitor to your website hunt for information...they wont bother.
- Mailing list Sign-Up Form – position at the very top of the website, preferably with an offer of a free special report.
- Content – unique, relevant, frequently updated (Blogs)
- Integration of Social Media; Facebook business page, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- MLS search – always at the top right hand corner to be most effective.
- Custom MLS searches of niche you work in.
- Video – at least one, possibly a welcome to my website video prepared by you.
- Lose your Ego on the Home Page. Nobody gives a hoot about you when they first visit your website. Instead create a great About Me, Us, Team page.
- Optimize SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Tie in a Email Autoresponder for follow up with leads.
- Client Reviews (Testimonials)
Is this starting to make sense? Call me today: 480-586-7381
Let’s start working on a website that will begin working for you.
- We can start from scratch with a customized Wordpress Realtor Blog website.
- We can redesign your Superlative Website and rewrite the content.
- We can create a Email campaign strategy to follow up and tie into your website.
- We can integrate your Facebook business page, Twitter and LinkedIn.