How Important is Real Estate Video?
- Do you have a product to sell?
- Do you currently offer a service?
- Do you have a website or at the very least, some real-estate on the World Wide Web/Internet?
Internet real-estate can range from one of the many FREE website offerings: Yes, I said FREE; to a full blown eCommerce site complete with hundreds of products or a more simple and elegant presentation of your current listings with contact information. Remember, you’re on the World Wide Web. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and in case you didn’t know, this Web of seemingly never-ending potential customers/clients is available World Wide. Yep, you heard me correctly; although your client base is probably local, this Web of seemingly never-ending potential customers/clients is available World Wide! You may not know them by name but you should know they are out there.
- Do THEY know YOU are out there?
- Do THEY know what services & listings YOU currently offer?
- Do THEY even know they need the services &/or products YOU have to offer?
My name is Lamont Dennis and I’ve been producing professional video specifically for internet viewing for nearly 15 years. Having worked with and produced real-estate videos for realtors, brokers, bankers, builders, inspectors, and many others; I’m here to let you know Why Video Is So Important to the Internet Business Owner & for this audience, Real-Estate Professionals.
Of course, you may already have your reasons for why you do or do not use video to promote your products, services, listings, agents, &/or office. These very few and brief reasons I’m going to share with you are NOT the only reasons to use video but they are the most apparent ones we tend to come across at our video production company, Visually Creative Video in Charlotte, North Carolina.
1. Personality – Customers want to feel like they belong. Your environment needs to feel inviting and warm. Plain words spread across a computer screen or MLS are rather impersonal. Besides, will your words be read with the same tone as you intended? With video, you are not only in control of the message but you also set the tone for your developing business relationship with potential clients.
2. Voice – A picture is worth a thousand words. Your website can say your product is indestructible but those are just words. What if you show customers via video that your product is indestructible by having a car run over it? Doesn’t that sound more impactful? You didn’t even have to say it or “sell it”. The customer sold themselves. When it comes to real-estate, internet video allows you to paint YOUR perfect picture with it always ready to be presented. Saying a home is immaculate will never compare to being able to show an immaculate home.
3. Convenience - Property hunters are up in the middle of the night searching MLS, doing their research, and comparing the market. They are reviewing, adding and deleting properties, and updating their list as needed. They are communicating with spouses, friends, and many others that influence their decision. Real-Estate video allows them the convenience of being able to share their experience with others in their life that matter. Maybe someone that matters can not be, do not want to be, need not be, or otherwise simply will not be present for a walk through or showing. Maybe after the showing, the client wants to 'see' the property again to solidify their notes, formulate their questions, and address their concerns. Maybe you are finding it impossible to coordinate schedules for a showing but know this property/listing fits your clients' request.
4. Exciting – Marketing is a combination of art and science. Web video can be a powerful way to keep things fresh and up to date. Let’s face it; no one wants to buy an “old” product from an "outdated" source. We all want the new, fancy, shiny product bought from the coolest vendor around. If for no other reason than to just say you have or use it, make your web presence be that, “I’ve got to have it web space.” By presenting your company, agents, listings, services, etc. via web video you are showing that you are 'current' with society trends and people are more likely to listen and trust in what you have to say.
5. Consistency – You don’t have to worry about getting off track during your sales pitch or wondering if you left something out or forgot to tell them about that “one special feature”. You now have the perfect sales pitch every time. With real-estate video you have the quick convenience of being able to simply send a targeted link or links to potential buyers and feel confident that you've left nothing out of your presentation. Video links can easily be forwarded to their spouse, family, friends, and any other advisors. You don't have to worry about another agent misrepresenting your listing as the presentation is all self contained and under your control.
6. Return On Investment – You make a video once and it gets watched by hundreds, thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands of potential customers; at their leisure. They can rewind it or watch it in the middle of the night if they so choose. Simply put, your ROI would be HUGE. I’m literally talking pennies spent and dollars earned! Now who has the competitive advantage?
Naturally, This article only scratches the surface. The list of reasons for utilizing internet video could go on forever and change dependent upon the needs of the individual. Although video may not be the answer to all your problems, in this Era of Technology it just may be the missing link in your marketing or exposure efforts.
NOTE: if you are applying other techniques of driving more web traffic to your web site or making your phone ring, continue them (if they are working). Just remember by adding visually creative video you are gaining instant credibility as to your self, product, or service being that Pièce de Résistance you want others to perceive it as being.
* As a service provider to the real-estate world, I thoroughly encourage your thoughts, direction, and discussion on this subject.
- I also ask that you submit your recommendations for other video related posts or concerns I may address or offer my professional opinion.
- Lamont Dennis
How do you choose the right internet video production company?