Addison Pacesetters Learn About the Town's Environmental Health Department at Dunn Bros.
Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Tim Hastings, Environmental Health Specialist, spoke to us.
Here are some interesting tidbits from Tim's presentation:
- Tim has worked for the Town of Addison for 11 years as part of the 2-man Environmental Health Department (Neil Gayden is the other half of the department).
- Tim and Neil inspect all the restaurants and food service facilities in Addison. They divide the list alphabetically. Neil takes the first half of the alphabet and Tim gets the second half.
- They advise new restaurants on efficient kitchen layout designs.
- The department works with food vendors at Addison's special events (like Kaboom Town, Oktoberfest, Taste of Addison, etc).
- The department also oversees compliance with the grass & weed ordinance.
- Tim is a registered sanitarian and certified pesticide applicator.
- The department licenses and inspects the liquid waste haulers (those that empty the grease traps in Addison's restaurants).
- They inspect the swimming pools at apartments and hotels in Addison for water quality and safety.
- This is NOT a public health department.
- Tim organizes the semi-annual Addison community garage sale.
If you're not an Addison resident and would like to become one, please contact me about purchasing a condo, townhome, duplex or single family home in Addison, Texas. Addison is a great place to live, work and play!
Next month, the first Wednesday is November 2nd. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.