Who needs the ground wire anyway | Home Inspector Bellevue Seattle Everett
While inspecting this 10 year old home in the Sammamish - Issaquah area, I noticed that the homeowner had installed a nice doggie door from the garage to the exterior. There were empty wiring holes at the adjacent studs. They must have removed or relocated some type of wiring.
It turns out that they cut the electrical service grounding wire from the electrical panel to the exterior ground rods. The grounding wire was in the way of the doggie door location.
And of course a new ground wire or repair was not made !
Schedule a Home Inspection today ! Hergert Inspection 425-652-6515
- Washington State Inspector License 619
- WSDA Structural Pest Inspector license 79988
- Over 25 years new home construction experience
- Custom Reports including digital and infrared images
- Weekend appointments available