AR Photographers - What's your "Walking Around" lens?

Real Estate Agent with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage 531132

LensI primarily use a Canon 50D body and a Tamron 18-270 telephoto lens, as my "walking around" lens. Excellent wide angle and telephoto combined into one lens, and very lightweight. This lens has been a workhorse for me but it's starting to show some signs of wear. The focusing isn't as crisp as it once was and I can't seem to correct it using micro adjustments built into the camera.

I've had it repaired, and while they replaced some parts, it's never been the same. I'm not looking for an excuse to buy a new lens in this price range. When I'm out and about, I prefer not to have to carry a whole gadget bag of lenses to fit different situations. This 18 - 270 fit just about everything I needed.

Just curious...what's your "walking around" lens?

Posted by

FacebookTwitterLinked InGoogle

QR Code

 Richard Iarossi is a full time licensed REALTOR®, working in Crofton, MD. My coverage areas are: Anne Arundel, Prince George’s, Howard, Calvert, Queen Anne, and Baltimore City and County. I specialize in residential real estate, working with both buyers and sellers. Use the registration free search on my website at If you’re not already working with a REALTOR®...I can help. Call me at 443-995-9595 (Cell) or 410-451-6255 (Office).

SKYPE ME: RichSellsHomes

Find me on Google+

©2011 - - All Rights Reserved
All information is deemed reliable but should be independently verified. Property information is subject to change without notice.



This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
ActiveRain Community
Great Shots!
Square Pegs
camera lens

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Tony & Darcy Cannon
Aubrey and Associates Realty - Layton, UT
The C Team

Richard, I will be honest, we usually have an 18 to 55 mm lens on the camera, we have a 55 to 200 telephoto lens also, but we normally just stick with the 18 to 55 mm.

Oct 07, 2011 06:08 AM #1
Richard Weisser
Richard Weisser Realty - Newnan, GA
Richard Weisser Retired Real Estate Professional


Mine is a Nikkor 35-135 which I use for 85% of my shots! Of course, It seems to work for all of my outdoor shots but isn't wide enough for interior real estate pics.

Featured in "Square Pegs!"

Oct 07, 2011 09:33 AM #2
Myrl Jeffcoat
GreatWest Realty - Sacramento, CA
Greater Sacramento Real Estate Agent

When I'm going to something I really want to try to shoot well, I'll use my Nikon D90 with my "walking around lens" - an 18 x 105.  I have a 300 mm, but must admit, I have rarely pulled it out.

I usually have a Canon SX200 12.1 mp with 12x zoom point and shoot in my purse.  It's small, lightweight, and goes with me most everywhere.  I seem to capture half my photos with it.

Oct 07, 2011 02:36 PM #3
Chris Alston
Chris Alston (Keller Williams Realty, Silicon Valley, California) - Campbell, CA
Silicon Valley, California

Well, my walking around camera broke...  And now I have to use an older cannon.  Never upgraded to a SLR.  :)

Oct 08, 2011 11:27 AM #4
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Richard Iarossi

Crofton MD Real Estate, Annapolis MD Real Estate
Ask me a question
Spam prevention

Additional Information