About two months ago I discovered Google Voice. I was introduced to it by a Realtor friend of mine. I am hear to tell you that I do not know how I managed my business without it for so long. This is a terrific tool that helps you save time and become more efficient. Check out the link at the end of this blog for a tour of Google Voice. However, I have highlighted some features that I love:
1. Call Screening- Yes, just like an old answering machine you can intercept a call as someone is leaving a voice mail.
2. Voice mail Transcription- Google voice will deliver to you a text or email transcript of your voice mail. It also lists who the message is from. This gives you the opportunity to see what the message is about and return a call with out listening to the message. While the transcription is not perfect, I find that it is mostly adequate in relaying the gist of the message.
3. Message Toggling-Gone are the days of listening to eleven messages just to hear the one important message in your voice mail inbox. Google voice allows you to see who left you messages and select the important messages and you can come back the the rest later.
4. Access to Voice Mail Anywhere- Google voice allows you to access your voice mail any where any time from any computer. You just need internet.
5. Permanently Save Messages-This tool gives you the ability to permanently save voice mails and text messages and come back to them later.
6. Share Voice Messages- With Google voice you can forward your voice mail in an email, text or MP3 so others can listen to it. They do not need a Google voice account to listen to it in the email.
7. Forward all Voice Mails- This feature gives you the option to have your home, office and cell phone voice mails in one place.
These are a few that I find very helpful. However there are many more features. Be sure to check out the link below.