Quite often clients will ask me if they should set their table for open house and showings. I try to explain that it should be done in a simple understated way so as not to detract from the room. Here's an excellent example from one of my fellow AR stagers. Very nicely done !
Should You Set Your Table When Selling Your Home?
Here are my recommendations:
- Set one table but not both - In other words, if there's a dining room table AND a kitchen table, set only one of them.
- If there's only one table, take into consideration "how busy a table setting" will have from a visual standpoint. If it appears "clutter-like", then opt for a simple arrangement.I also let the home speak to me in terms of what it needs. For example, in this home (with one table), I wanted the chandelier to take center stage. As a result, I used small, contemporary dishes, no napkins, or glasses and a centerpiece.I added a twig to the centerpiece to help pick-up the browns from the window treatment and table:Close-ups:
Home Staging Atlanta - Kathy Nielsen - 678 522 8392
RESA Professional Stager of the Year - Southern Region 2011
Whether your home is vacant or occupied, this Atlanta Georgia Home Stager, Kathy Nielsen, understands what it takes to sell a home quickly. Her homes have graced the pages of several publications, appeared in TV commercials as well as on HGTV's hit program Sleep On it.
With years of experience and a massive inventory - Kathy makes the perfect choice.
Home Staging Website: Home Staging Atlanta
Before and After Pictures: Atlanta Home Staging Portfolio:
Blog: Atlanta Home Staging
- Kitchen Transformations
- Short on Space? Keep it Simple
- Tips on Selling Your Home From a Professional Stager
- Curtains. Should they stay or go?
- How to dress up your coffee table and end tables when selling
- Quick tips for table settings
- How will buyers remember your home?
- Atlanta Home Staging Consultations - Check out what the homeowner did
- Atlanta Loft Gets Home Staged
- How to ensure your home appeals to a broad base of prospective buyers