KILLER CARAMEL CORN
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract ( optional)
- 6 quarts popped popcorn-- I use 5 regular packs of microwave popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place popcorn in a very large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla, (and optional maple flavoring). Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Sprinkle with sea salt lightly, each time you stir. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
* I posted this recipe last Halloween-- but this year I made some changes after making it 20-30 times!
More Caramel Corn Recipes from Kathy Schowe: