A very informative post on being a successful blogger on Active Rain. This post has some great ideas. Take the time to read and add your comments or other ideas please!
How To Be A "Successful" Blogger on Active Rain
(Hold your cursor over each photo for additional thoughts!)
Not so long ago, a "newbie", or at least one that doesn't post too often, published a query asking how to improve their blog.
They wanted to know examples of fine blogs, what was eye-catching, and overall feedback regarding what makes a good blog and how should they change theirs.
Wanting to help, I spent SOME time compiling an answer, leaving links to 7 of the some of my favorite successful bloggers I regularly run into here in the rain.
I went back to see others' ideas as well this morning and was surprised to see no other answers. Several thoughts hit me at once.
In answer to your query for suggestions, Mr.Ms. Newbie:
1. Post your blog in more groups for visibility. Be a member of the Newbie Group. Attend Rain University! Attend Rain Camp online!
2. If you want more comments, comment on others' blogs first to establish rapport.
3. Comment on your comments - especially those that took time to write a thoughtful reply. Your future readers also notice whether or not you personalize your comment string with your own replies.
4. Add photos. If you don't believe photos work, take a look at some of those that populate their blogs with amazing photography and video. Graphics work.
5. Blog consistently. Twice monthly isn't going to have your readers checking on a regular basis to see what else you have shared -- because you haven't!
Communication isn't just important in the workplace - it's also important online, socially, and in your personal relationships. Interaction is a key to success. Blog consistently, comment religiously, and set goals. Success in the rain will come to you in buckets.
If I can assist you in your home buying or selling in Marana, Tucson, Oro Valley, or Vail, please don't hesitate to call me! Email at email@example.com
Cara Marcelle Mancuso, Tierra Antigua Realty, (520)909-2988