Hey, all you Gold Canyon gardeners, it's time to get out and plant again! And what better way to get started, than to visit Boyce Thompson Arboretum in Superior for their Fall Plant Sale - just a hop, skip and a jump from beautiful Gold Canyon. It's a great place to purchase native-grown plants, get ideas for your desert garden - or take a hike and just enjoy the awesome scenery. A short drive east on US 60 to Superior, Boyce Thompson Arboretum is one of the many best-kept secrets that awaits Gold Canyon residents, just outside our doorstep. If you miss the Fall Plant Sale, watch for the Spring Plant Sale - plus Boyce Thompson Arboretum offers seasonal events and programs throughout the year. It's a wonderful place to bring friends and winter visitors for an outing to enjoy Arizona. Better yet, become a member of Boyce Thompson Arboretum! Hope to see you there...and around our beautiful Gold Canyon community...
Last Weekend of Plant Sale
The 2011 FALL PLANT SALE continues through Sunday, October 23
Members of the Arboretum receive a 20% discount off plants during the Fall Plants Sale through October 23. Visitors who become members on the day of their visit will have up to two of their adult admissions credited towards their membership fee, allowing immediate access to all member benefits.
- Over 100 potted Boojum trees (Fouquieria columnaris) with trunks up to 5" tall.
- Hard-to-find Joshua Trees (Yucca brevifolia) in 5 gallon containers
- Turk's Cap (Malvaviscus arboreus) - excellent hummingbird plant
- Chaco Feather Acacia (Acacia aroma) - beautiful, small 15 x 15 foot tree from Argentina
- Blue Emu Bush (Eremophila hygrophana) - unique shrub from Australia with blue-purple flowers
- Large, seed grown ocotillos (Fouquieria splendens) in one and five gallon containers
- A tasty selection of herbs