Have you ever had one of those customer service experiences that put the "uh" in uh-mazing? A wow moment that left you feeling indebted to the benefactor of such an unbelievable gift. The sad but simple truth is that great customer service experiences stand out like a beacon in our brains because they are so few and far between. It's unfortunate that these instances are fleeting as we've become a society full of blamers, takers and users.
As sales professionals, we know that whether it's great customer service or poor customer service, our willingness to outshine the competition will leave a lasting impression on our customers, peers, vendors and referral partners.
The Simple Truth Behind Great Customer Service
- Great customer service doesn't care what time it is or that you have had a really difficult day. Great customer service happens morning, noon and night without fail.
- Great customer service extends beyond your typical daily duties and into the remarkable world of going above and beyond.
- Great customer service doesn't end at the closing table, it only begins.
- Great customer service comes from the heart, not the pocket book.
- Great customer service means one-on-one relationships and cannot be delegated to anyone else but YOU!