Why Buy a Home if You Can Build One in Utah. This is the golden question. Many people have been told the horrors of building a home from bad contractors, to the job not getting done on time, to the contractors taking the money and running and so much more. There are plenty of reason out there to not build but just like in every profession there are good and bad people.
Let me give you some good reasons to build a Home.
1. You can have the home built the way you want it. Some builders (like Patterson construction) will let you choose any floor plan that you can find. And when you do choose a floor plan they can modify it by making a room bigger, adding a room (as long as it doesn't change the whole structure) placing a bathroom somewhere more desirable etc.
2. You can choose where to build your home. There are many lots still available in Utah to choose from. Once you've chosen a lot you can determine whether to have a walk out basement, where the house sits, which direction it faces and so forth. The chooses are yours.
3. You can choose the colors. From carpet and paint color, to the type of counter tops, to tile design. I know some of you might think this part would be horrible but if you choose the right builder they make is really easy and enjoyable. Some builder also offer the services of an interior designer so you don't have to do it alone. It really can be a fun experience.
4. The Builders Warranty. Most builders have a 1-2-10 builders warranty. The first years cover everything in the home, the second year covers all the appliances and the 10 year covers the foundation. There are some different and longer warranty years, like the AC unit, Roof, Water heater and such. Warranties are one of the best reasons to build a home in Utah.
5. Security. The Utah division of Occupational & Licensing has some guidelines to follow when choosing a contractor, such as making sure they have a valid license, to seeing if they have had complaints issued etc. Large Builders like Patterson Construction, Ivory Homes, Richmond American Homes are established builders and as such have little risk.
There are many more reasons to build a home in Utah but these are the top 5.
So Why Buy a Home if You Can Build One in Utah?
The 3 downfalls of building is you would need to buy blinds for the house and put in the landscaping though some people may prefer that. And 3rd is waiting until the house is complete, though many builders have gotten building time down to 3-4 months once plans have been approved.
Why Buy a Home if You Can Build One in Utah is the question when there are so many benefits. Please check out my website where I have a complete list of Builders in Utah.
My Preferred Builder is Patterson Construction. We built with them a year ago and I loved the way they did business. The staff was very friendly and informative. The time line and schedule is web based so we could see what it to happen and when. The Broker helped us modify our plans a couple of times until we where happy. Their base price include most builders upgrades and they where done in 100 days. We are very pleased with Patterson, they made it a very enjoyable experience. Please visit my web page that contains all the benefits of building with Patterson Construction
Right Now Ski Utah Real Estate is Offering a Free $500 gift card* toward a purchase of a washer and dryer or something else to those who use a Ski Utah Real Estate Agent.*
Now that you Know Why Buy a Home if You Can Build One in Utah lets get started give me a call today and I can go over with you the benefits of many builders in your area.
Important it is a good idea to be represented by a buyers agent (the price is the same if you have or don't have an agent for most builder's). I have built 2 homes and know what to look for and negotiate + At closing I will provide a gift card ($500.00) to help you purchase a new washer and dryer or Frig.But I must accompany you when going to the builders model home on your first visit....
*and the price is the same whether you use an agent or not
Subscribe to CommentsComment