What you can do this fall to spruce up your home
Fall is here! What a great time to spruce up the front of your home with a few easy fixes:
- Plant some mums. They come in the most gorgeous fall colors, so use those colors to your advantage.
- Add some new mulch. One of the easiest things that packs the biggest visual punch.
- Place some solar lighting around the garden areas to highlight the new flowers and plants.
- Lots of garden and yard supplies are on sale or clearance this time of year. It’s a great time to replace worn out tools and gear or buy new pots and decorations.
- Use natural things to decorate for fall and Halloween. You can do so much with straw, pumpkins and fall leaves!
- Add a punch of color to outdoor seating with new pillows in fall colors like orange and yellow.
- Use the comfortable temperatures to your advantage. It’s a great time to be in the yard! Take time to do things like clean out the gutters, pressure wash the siding, knock down cobwebs and rake leaves. An added plus, all that is good exercise!
- For safety’s sake, make sure you have your house numbers clearly positioned on the front of the house and mailbox.