When your home is on the market, every room should be appealing to buyers. But there's something about a Master Bathroom that can really help buyers make an emotional connection with a home, so today's home staging tip for sellers is all about the bathroom.
Whether your bathroom is large or small, you can add elements that will make it a light, bright, spa-like oasis for relaxation. Here's a master bath in Portland OR that we staged recently to bring it up a notch by making just a few small changes in decor -- no cosmetic or structural changes were needed. Here's how the bathroom in this home for sale looked Before staging:
and here's how it looked After we added spa accents (fluffly white towels, plants, shells, spa accessories, art with a botanical theme, natural-textured basket)
A few more Before & After photos of this master bathroom:
Here's a few home staging tips for staging a master bathroom:
- Always start with squeaky-clean surfaces & fixtures
- Make the most of natural light (remove fussy window coverings)
- Add products with natural elements: textured baskets, seashells, plants (they don't have to be real for staging)
- Use spa products that will remind buyers this is an oasis of relaxation
- Use wall art with a relaxing theme
- Fluffy white towels are usually more calming than brightly colored ones
These are simple things that anyone can do -- but if you need help, remember to contact your local professional home stager. We can do all the staging for you, or we can suggest where you can buy any needed items to give your Master Bath a "tweak" so that it stands out in the minds of potential buyers.