One activity that is almost always associated with homes we sell is the "MOVE". Yes the dreaded move. The majority of the time buyers have to do it and sellers have to do it as well. There are some exceptions, like investment property and so on, but most of the time it is a necessary evil when buying a home.
Several of the home buyers in the Cabot Arkansas area have the convenience of the military paying for their move. This can still be stressful and time consuming, but can help to ease some stress and work load. I mostly wanted to focus this article on tips for people who have to do the big move themselves. I just wanted to go over a couple of tips that can help with the move, along with some local and national places to get moving supplies.
Great moving Supplies to Have when moving
3. Cushioning Supplies- Bubble wrap, newsprint, Kraft paper, packaging peanuts, etc.
4. Tape & Tape gun or scissors
5. Tape Measure
Tips For Considering Supplies
1. When considering boxes, be sure to choose strong and sturdy boxes that will not rip or tear
2. The same goes for choosing tapes. Tapes come in different strengths and thicknesses be sure to choose the proper strength tape.
3. Cushioning supplies should be used based upon the contents being packed. Glass is going to need more of a cushion such a bubble wrap, compared to a lamp that is breakable but not incredibly fragile. For something like a lamp that is breakable, but not extremely fragile Kraft paper or newsprint could be used a a void fill.
4. I recommend using a bright colored marker to label boxes and allow easy identification.
Tips For Packing Boxes
1. As stated above, be sure to start off with the proper box strength when choosing a box.
2. Be sure to choose the proper box size when choosing a box. This will help keep from having excessive void space within the box.
3. Pack one room at a time. It helps to stay more organized.
4. Try not to pack more than 50 lbs. in a box. Sometimes this is hard to do, but if you can keep your boxes under 50 lbs. it will be beneficial for transportation.
5. Pack heavy Items at the bottom of the box. That is common sense, it helps to keep lighter items from getting crushed.
6. Fill the voids. Any unused space in boxes should be filled with other items of newsprint, bubble wrap, or Kraft paper. The loose space allows items to move during transport and can result in damaged items.
7. Label boxes which side is up and in multiple areas. Write on different sides of the boxes which side is up, the room the box goes to, and a brief description of the items in the box.
Loading Tips For Transport
1. Stack larger heavier boxes on the bottom.
2. Keep rooms of boxes together if possible during transport.
3. Use dollies to load and unload when possible to help save energy, reduce risk of injury, reduce risk of product loss.
Local Places Around Cabot Arkansas To Buy Supplies
I know, I know, not much to choose from. Wal-mart doesn't really have boxes to choose from and Uhaul has a tendency to be priced high. That is all I could think of in the Cabot AR area. Little Rock has several places to choose from, but I would recommend somewhere online. There are several places dedicated to packaging supplies online.
Online Sites To Buy Supplies
1. Uline- they have a tendency to be priced a little high, but they have everything listed on their site.
2. Cheap-Cheap Moving Boxes- They offer kits for each room to use during moves
3. U.S. Packaging & Wrapping- Great prices, they have a lot of items online and even more available if you call them.
Hopefully some of these tips will help to make a move easier and less stressful. I know they did for me when we moved several times before settling in the Cabot Arkansas area.