Do you have a tenant occupied home that you are thinking of selling? Here is a great post that I just found. Keep in mind these are only the authors top ten reasons to wait until the tenants are gone. There are others.
Top 10 Reasons Not to List Your Home Until the Tenants Are Gone!
For many home sellers, attempting to sell a tenant-occupied home can be a difficult task. While some tenants are exceptionally helpful and willing to do everything possible to assist you in selling your home, many of them will not. If you are thinking of selling your tenant-occupied home, check out my top 10 reasons not to list your home until the tenants are gone.
- Tenants have no vested interest in the sale of your home. Thus, it is of low priority to them.
- Tenant-occupied homes are NEVER "show-ready" when prospective buyers arrive.
- Buyers can be unforgiving. If your home is not a show-place, agents must find another place to show.
- Tenants are often uncooperative with agents, which can prolong the sale of your home.
- If showing your home is a difficult process, agents will simply move on to the next one.
- Tenants often restrict access to the property, which makes it difficult for your home to receive adequate showings.
- Tenants often restrict access to specific rooms in the house, which makes it difficult for buyers to make an informed decision.
- Tenants often refuse to leave so that prospective buyers can preview the home in private.
- Tenants often refuse access to the property for inspections.
- Tenants are always eager to share their living experience, thoughts, and opinions of the home with prospective buyers. What will they say about your home?
If you are interested in buying or selling real estate in Alexandria, Lorton, Woodbridge or any of the surrounding areas in northern Virginia and Maryland, please contact me for assistance. My specializations include first-time home buyers, home sellers, luxury homes, short sales, foreclosures, relocation, and divorce.