Addison Pacesetters Learn About the Parks & Recreation Department at Dunn Bros.
Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Slade Strickland, Director of the Parks & Recreation Department, spoke to us.
Here are some interesting tidbits from Slade's presentation:
- Slade has worked for the Town of Addison for 30 years.
- The Belt Line Road revitalization project is nearing completion. There will be a drip irrigation system for watering the plants and new lighting fixtures.
- The new water tower project is progressing. The bowl will be raised December 5-7th and it is a slow process. Wind turbines should be operational by the end of February. The grand opening should be August, 2012. Water conservation will be one of the themes of the educational center there.
- Addison buys its water from Dallas. There are no watering restrictions at this time.
- Vitruvian Park: the goal is to keep the park looking as good as it is now. There is a 1 mile loop trail. The long range plan is to connect the trail to the one at Brookhaven College.
- Every year, Addison plants 75,000 tulip bulbs. This happens in December. Slade works with the Dallas Arboretum. This year, there will be 6 varieties of naturalized tulips.
If you're not an Addison resident and would like to become one, please contact me about purchasing a condo, townhome, duplex or single family home in Addison, Texas. Addison is a great place to live, work and play!
Next month, the first Wednesday is November 2nd. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.