Many homeowners don’t realize that their home is also a savings account. You can do many inexpensive things to your home to protect and enhance its value without beating up your wallet.
Here are some ideas for protecting and enhancing your home’s value:
* Declutter – Money is the only good thing to hoard, so when it comes to your home you can get rid of many items to help declutter your space. Shoeboxes, magazines, newspapers, and more are nothing more than junk that causes clutter. Reclaim your home and add more square footage by getting rid of any and all junk. The holiday season is now upon us, so it makes it an even better time to declutter.
* Switch-it-up – Give your space a new look by rearranging your rooms. Moving furniture and wall hangings can jazz up any space. It’s like getting a home makeover for free.
* Swap it – For very little investment you can swap out knobs, pulls and other items that will refresh your rooms. Add decorative switch plates, update doorknobs and drawer pulls for the most effect.
* Paint, paint, paint – A little paint on the outside trim of your home can go a long way. Touchup the trim, window frames, shutters and front doors for less than $60. And, never let unused paint go to waste. You can use leftovers for rehabbing old furniture, wooden fences or flower pots.
* Spruce up the outside – Start pulling every weed in sight of your flower beds and lay some fresh mulch. If you don’t have flower beds, create some. They make a yard look lovely.
You don’t have to put a huge investment into enhancing your home’s value. And, by keeping it up, you’ll have less to do when it comes time to sell.
If you’re considering a move to Lake Havasu City, please take a look at one of the homes awaiting you http://searchallproperties.com/listings/859328/1680-MCCULLOCH-BLVD-S-Lake-Havasu-City-AZ
Originally posted at: http://homesforsaleinhavasu.com/2011/11/03/protect-and-enhance-your-home%e2%80%99s-value