The Georgia Dream Homeownership Program makes it possible for those who desire to own a home and may need down payment assistance and affordable first mortgage financing.
To qualify for the affordable first mortgages:
· Must be a first time home buyer (program available to all eligible first time home buyers in all Georgia counties)
· Have not owned a home in the past three years
· Purchase a home in a targeted area ( rules vary for targeted and non-targeted areas)
· Have household incomes below the maximum incomes
· Have liquid assets no more than $20,000 or 20% of the sales price (whichever is greater)
· Meet mortgage loan requirements.
The loans are 30 year fixed. See your local participating lender for further information on the Georgia Dream Homeownership Program.
If you qualify for the mortgage loan program you are also eligible for the down payment assistance program. Down payment assistance is between $5000 and $7500 depending on which option you qualify for. The borrower must do the following:
· Use the loan in conjunction with a Georgia Dream First Mortgage Loan
· Complete a Home Buyer Education class, complete the class, and have a certificate of completion
· Contribute a minimum of $1000 toward the purchase of the property
Go to the Georgia Dream website: www.GAdream.com for the income requirements, list of participating lenders, FAQs, and additional information.