Every year in the history of Virginia Beach Real Estate, the time period between November 1st and about January 15th, has been the "Sweet Spot" for Home Buyers in Virginia Beach!
The "sweet spot" as defined in Wikipedia..."A sweet spot is a place where a combination of factors results in a maximum response for a given amount of effort". more at Wikipedia
What this means for home buyers in Virginia Beach is that every year this has been the best time to buy a home in Virginia Beach and make your best deal for 7 great reasons. Also to discover 7 more reasons why now is the best time to buy a home!
- Inventory hangover. Home sellers in Virginia Beach that have been unsuccessful selling their homes in the spring, summer and fall begin to realize that if they don't sell their homes now, before the new year, there is a good chance they may not be moving until the spring. The most motivated home sellers in Virginia Beach are really motivated now!
- Less inventory to chose from. Yes, this is a time when less is actually better. The unmotivated sellers have taken their homes off the market for the holidays! They don't want to be bothered! You should be glad! Now you won't have a cluttered market full of unmotivated sellers' homes. For you, as a Home Buyer in Virginia Beach this means less work seeking out the motivated Virginia Beach Home Sellers!
- Less competition from other buyers. For the same reason as above, most investors and Home Buyers in Virginia Beach also take time off during the holidays too! In fact, in my opinion, the best time to write an offer is during or imediately before a major holiday. Most of your investor/buyer competition, as well as most agents have also taken the holiday off! Yea! This is your opportunity!
- Lenders are hisorically less busy--better terms, rates and service!
- Attorneys and title companies are less busy--better service, quicker turn around, and more man power available to solve unforeseen problems if any arise.
- If you can close before the new year, January 1 is a great time to put a new tenant into a home. There is a lot of tenant movement around the new year.
- From January 1 thru January 31st we're back to normal! There will be more new, optimistic sellers that have not yet experienced the buyers' market yet! There will also be more buyer competition from other would-be investors, as well as first time home buyers. To quote the Grinch..."noise, noise, noise"!
Obviously if you think about it for a while, you can come up with a few more good reasons to buy a home in Virginia Beach before the end of the year. Here are 8 Great Reasons to Invest in Real Estate in Virginia Beach Now!
Hopefully, the great tips and information here will help confirm to you that you are now in the Home Buyers Sweet Spot in Virginia Beach!